Humanity Heroes’ mission is to directly improve the quality of life for the homeless through direct action.
Our vision is to provide every homeless person in the U.S. with the resources they need to maintain optimal hygiene, stay safe, and feel as comfortable as possible until they no longer must live on the streets.
In the last year, we’ve been helping people in need by:
- Donating over 250,000+ hygiene, clothing and medical items.
- Contributing $400,000+ worth of life-giving essentials, a goal that has been fully funded by our founder BigMike Straumietis, and most recently in 2020, with the help of our corporate sponsors.
And during the ongoing pandemic, getting these life-giving supplies into the hands of those who need them has never been so important.
So now, we’ve got a more ambitious fundraising idea.
What Items Does Humanity Heroes Donate to the Homeless?
When you contribute to Humanity Heroes, 100% of all monetary donations go directly to funding the Humanity Pack.
Then, our volunteers walk the streets, putting life-giving essentials straight into the hands of the people who need them most.
Inside each Humanity Pack, you’ll discover a curated selection of items the homeless need on a daily basis…
From hand sanitizer to warm socks, these are the items they told us directly they need most.
The Humanity Heroes “Humanity Pack” helps people in need in three main ways:
- Cleanliness and hygiene – Humanity Heroes has donated over 173,000 hygiene items to help the homeless maintain cleanliness and hygiene. The fact is, disease and infection are the second leading cause of death for our homeless communities. Each humanity pack includes oral care, skin care, hair care and body care hygiene items… And the need for these items has skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Weather Protection – Humanity Heroes had donated over 60,000 items to help the homeless combat unforgiving weather conditions. The average lifespan of a homeless person is just 50 years due to enduring extreme climates that make them susceptible to disease and chronic illnesses. Humanity Heroes donates numerous weather-protection items, including gloves, beanies, rain ponchos, socks, sunscreen and wool blankets.
- Safety and shelter – Humanity Heroes donated over 20,000 items to the homeless.
Homeless shelters unfortunately do not accommodate the entire homeless population and the unsheltered are forced to live on the streets in dismal conditions. Humanity Heroes provides a tarp, flashlight, first aid kits and clothing to help make their situation more bearable while they search for shelter.
For the last 7 years, we’ve been helping people get the essential supplies they need to make daily life safer, easier, and a little bit more comfortable during their time of need.
And it’s people like you who help us give back to the community. If you have any fundraising ideas or ways to you would like to collaborate let us know! Send an email to [email protected] and make the subject title: “Fundraising Ideas”
Explore more about our mission here.